There are many uses for our 100% natural and pure SAAFI Frankincense Essential Oil.
SAAFI Frankincense essential oil consists of 100% wildcrafted frankincense resins. Essential oils can also be used alongside regular day to day skincare products to help rejuvenate the skin and promote skin cell regeneration.
The resin from the Boswellia Carterii tree has been used in the treatment of many diseases and other health issues including; anti-inflammatory, rheumatoid, arthritis, asthma.
Diffusing a couple of drops is a great alternative to burning the raw resins.
For Aromatherapy Use: Add 2-5 drops of SAAFI Frankincense essential oil to a diffuser or bath water to create a soothing and relaxing atmosphere.
For Use With Other Skincare Products: Add 2-4 drops of SAAFI Frankincense essential oil to a minimum of 20ml of carrier oils (or creams) and massage into your body.
For Massage Use: Add 1-3 drops of SAAFI Frankincense essential oil to your choice of massaging oil.
- Ingredient: 100% Pure Steam Distilled Boswellia Carterii Oil. (Therapeutic Grade)
- Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans.
- No Additives, Preservatives or Artificial Colouring.
- Origin: Northern Somalia, (Somaliland)
- Store: Always keep the bottle in a dark and cool place, away from direct light.
- Caution: SAAFI Frankincense products are not for internal use. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep away from children and pets. Consult with a medical practitioner if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before using essential oils. Due to the concentration of our essential oil, make sure to always dilute with another carrier oil of your own choice.
Frankincense - also known as Olibanum - is known for its soothing and relaxing qualities. Used throughout the ages to enhance spirituality, mental perception, meditation, prayer and consciousness. Frankincense is also great for the respiratory system as it assists with breathing.
Frankincense has been used as a natural disinfectant as well as an anti-ageing remedy amongst the Somali population from generation to generation. Communities within certain regions of Somalia and Somaliland have been ethically harvesting the same Boswellia trees that their forefathers have, passing down traditional methods and other vital hand-harvesting techniques. Somali households traditionally use frankincense for many purposes. For example, whenever guests are on the way, you can expect the calming scent of frankincense lingering in the air. The burning of Frankincense is particularly useful after big family meals, as incense tends to remove food and other odours pretty quickly without being overwhelming. FUN FACT: many of the Ancient Egyptians pharaohs were buried and mummified using frankincense.
Our raw frankincense resins or gum products are imported then distilled and bottled in the United Kingdom.